We did it! We camped in Texas with a baby! And we are planning to do it again! This past weekend we went to Lake Corpus Christi for one night of camping. We were only 45 minutes away from home so could easily exit if needed. It was a success, although quite different than the backpacking camping days Matt and I were used to. We could barely fit everything in the Tahoe! The dogs had a great time too, they have been sleeping for the last two days! I couldn't resist including a picture of Poncho that night. Dead Dog
Matt got a new tent for his birthday and it is awesome. The roof is completely mesh and is ideal for the summer weather in Texas. Hopefully when we add the rain fly it will keep us dry if/when we make it back to the PNW. I bought a portable crib for Connor to sleep in and it didn't quite work that great. Once he was asleep it was perfect but getting there took some time. The video explains it all.
We went with 2 other couples and they both have kids and it was a true team effort! The guys made us a champagne brunch on Sunday for Mother's Day. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Hopefully there will be many more "bag nights" in Connor's future!



4 comments:
Thanks for the new pictures. It's too bad the boy doesn't have a good time!
Looks like you work Poncho out to the point of exhaustion.
David wants to know when you are adding on so you have room for all the STUFF?
So my question is...why didn't you just put the pack in play inside the tent...it looks plenty big enough!
Wanna camp in July? Maybe somewhere in the middle...like...hmmm...yeah I haven't a clue!
Hey! I am so ashamed, but this is the first time I get onto your blog. Sorry about that. I have not been doing a good job at anything lately - I'll add this to the list! Enjoyed the pics and stories, hopefully we can see each other soon. I think Morgan would give Connor a run for his money. She is a BUSY girl!
Post a Comment