Monday, March 8, 2010

Big News Big Brother

Well early December we found out that we are having another baby! We were trying but this was our last shot before Matt deployed and we happened to be successful! We actually found out after the squadron Christmas party where I lived it up one last time and became dreadfully ill. I had one more day of sickness and everything has been smooth sailing since. Hopefully this pregnancy will be as easy as the first.

We wanted to keep up with tradition so we waited as long as we could and sent the family a card with the picture of baby #2's picture.
Connor still has no idea what he is in for but he is getting much easier to take care of and I think once the baby comes he will be a big help. That is what I am telling myself, anyway! I tell him that there is a baby in Mommy's belly and we point to it. The other day he was in the other room with his Dad and I asked him where the baby was and Matt said he lifted up his shirt and pointed to his belly. Like I said he still hasn't a clue but as my belly grows I'm sure he will catch on fairly quickly.

We have had two good ultrasounds and a round of bloodwork that went really well. I am 17 weeks right now and we are due August 14th. I felt the baby move a couple of weeks ago which is quite earlier than normal but I think that is just a function of I know what to expect. My body also knows what to expect because I feel like I have blown up quite quickly and my belly button has already popped out, that didn't happen until 6 or 7 months with Connor.

We are hoping to induce labor with baby #2 so that Matt will be around a little longer to help me. Right now it looks like he is to attend a school for his new job at the end of August. The doctor said that should be fine as long as I am ready.

We haven't come up with a nickname for this one yet. We are tossing around Dos in keeping with the Mexican theme but it just hasn't stuck. Maybe we will come up with something around the 22nd when we find out the sex. We will be sure to keep everyone up to date.

No comments: